This bundle has a set of two (2) Black Berkey Purification Elements (known as BB9-2) and two (2) Fluoride Reduction Elements (known as PF-2) designed for use together. You simply screw the PF-2 Flouride filter into the Black Berkey filters.
Note: Not available in Iowa.
- Two Black Berkey Purification Elements with 2 washers, 2 wing nuts, and 1 priming button
- Two PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic reduction Filters
- Elements are covered under Manufacturers warranty, see below for the warranty on each type of element.
Black Berkey Purification Elements
- Replacement: Each Black Berkey® Element is designed to purify approximately 3,000 gallons of water before needing replacement; 2 elements in a Berkey system will purify approximately 6,000 gallons of water before replacement is recommended
- The Black Berkey Purification Element formulation has been tested by State and EPA accredited laboratories to exceed NSF/ANSI Standard 53
- Installs in the upper chamber of any Berkey system. Elements can also be used to upgrade most other gravity-fed water filter systems
- Re-cleanable and self-sterilizing during the life of the element
- Elements come with a 2-year, pro-rated warranty
PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters
- Replacement: Set of 2 PF-2 Filters need replacement after 1000 gallons of use
- PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters adsorb the following unwanted elements found in drinking water:
- Fluoride: Sodium Fluoride, Sodium Fluorosilicate, Fluorosilicic Acid (aka Hydrofluorosilic Acid)
- Arsenic: V and pre-oxidized Arsenic III
- Other residual heavy metal ions
- Made from safe, non-leaching Polypropolene #5 that is BPA-free
- PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic reduction Filters are designed to be used in conjunction with the Black Berkey Purification Elements only
- Attach to the bottom of the Black Berkey Elements and sit in the lower chamber of the Berkey unit
- Number of PF-2s in the bottom chamber must match the number of Black Berkey Purification Elements in the top chamber; for example, 4 Black Berkey Purification elements would require 4 PF-2 Filters
- The Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters are covered under a six month warranty.